Empathy is the ability to both sense and affect the emotions felt by others in the surrounding vicinity.
Unlike the innate humane capability of empathy (which is simply the ability to understand and share the feelings of another), the Descendant ability of empathy is the supernatural ability to actually sense and manipulate the feelings and emotions of other people.
As with any other ability, the extent of focus and concentrations are natural limitations for any users of this ability. Other limitations include:
- The empathetic capacity of the user
- The user's actual sensitivity to and interpretation of a specific emotion
- Due to different individuals experiencing emotions differently to one another, some emotions tend to be felt more or less intensely, or in some cases, misinterpreted entirely as a different emotions
Application Examples Edit
- Transference - the ability to transfer an emotion felt by one to another being
- Overloading - the ability to overload the senses of a being, incapacitating them